Now installing an in-ground Basketball is not something doable only by a professional. If you a basketball player and want to set an in-ground basketball hoop on your street or in stadium, you will need to go through proper planning. Buying a quality of substandard hoop depends upon the budget you have got or the maintenance of the thing. In this article, we are going to teach you the complete procedure after reading which, you will be easily able to setup the basketball hoop by yourself. You’re going to see some tools for digging such as shovel, hammers etc. and the parameters for digging. Also, you need to make sure that before you did the hole for anchor, the surface below has enough strength to hold the anchor and give you enough depth for setting it up. The diameter of the hole and other such dimensions depend upon the Hoop you buy. These things must be taken care of according to the prescription of manual of the product. Once you have taken care of all that, you are going to install your in-ground basketball hoop well enough. Let us now move on with the procedure to do install it.
Step-by-Step Guide To Install An In-Ground Basketball Hoop.
- In the first step, make use of your frame and pole so that you can have a good estimate of the hole you are going to dig.
- After the estimation, a round hole should be dug as suggested by the manufacturer in the manual. The parameters for the hole are always given in the manual and make sure that you don’t shorten or lengthen it an inch.
- Next step will be the preparation of concrete and pouring it around in the hole for its stability. The instruction must have the suggested amount of concrete because it is always recommended by the manufacturer depending upon the strength and stability of the product. The concrete usually takes 2-3 days to dry so do nothing until it does. Once the concrete has dried, you can move on with setting up other equipment.
- Now fit the anchor bolts on which you are going to place the hoop.
- Now make sure that it has enough strength to bear the load of basketball hoop.
- After making sure, lift the hoop with the help of your friends and place it on the anchor bolts you have fitted on the concrete in a step before. It must be made sure that the hoop is straight.
- Next step should be fixing the rim and it is done by fixing it to the backboard. This can be made even easier if you buy a rim which is already fixed to the backboard and then setting up the board will take care of it.
At the end, just make sure that rim and backboard are firm and the pole is straight. Give it a check again to make sure that there is nothing which you are forgetting from the above guide. You have now successfully installed your in-ground basketball hoop. Take a ball, make teams, start playing and have fun.